CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS
When developing a conference program, our goal is to provide sessions that will meet a variety of skill levels and interest levels of the conference audience, presented by speakers of the highest quality. Call for presentations for OGS2018 is now closed. Call for presentations for OGS2019 is now open. Topics being considered include: Ohio history, its records, and repositories; ethnic; religious groups; migration into, within, and out of Ohio; origins of early Ohio settlers; and the Old Northwest Territory. Other topics of interest that will be considered include: land and military records; technology; DNA; mobile devices and apps; social media; and methodology, analysis, and problem-solving in genealogical research.
The program committee is specifically seeking new and dynamic proposals. Interested speakers are strongly encouraged to submit multiple proposals for either one-hour general sessions or two-hour workshops. There is no limit to the number of proposals a speaker may submit. The deadline for submission of lecture proposals is 31 May 2018.
Submit proposals in PDF, DOC, or RTF format. Each proposal must include:
- Speaker's name, address, telephone, and e-mail address
- Lecture title, not to exceed ten words, and a brief, but comprehensive outline
- Lecture summary, not to exceed twenty-five words to be used in the conference booklet
- Identification of the audience level: beginner, intermediate, advanced, or all
- Speaker biography, not to exceed twenty-five words
- Resume of prior speaking experiences
Submit each proposal via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Speakers are required to use an electronic presentation program.