Speakers, it’s not too late to get your submissions in for the OGS 2019 conference Building A Heritage to be held 1-4 May 2019 at the Great Wolf Lodge in Mason, Ohio.
Topics being considered include: Ohio history, its records, and repositories; ethnic (African American, German, Irish, Polish, etc.); religious groups; migration into, within, and out of Ohio; origins of early Ohio settlers, and the Old Northwest Territory. Other topics of interest that will be considered include: land and military records; technology; DNA; mobile devices and apps; social media; and methodology, analysis, and problem solving in genealogical research.
New and dynamic proposals are being sought. Interested speakers are strongly encouraged to submit multiple proposals for either one-hour general sessions or two-hour workshops. There is
no limit to the number of proposals a speaker may submit. The deadline for submission of lecture proposals is 31 May 2018.
Submit proposals in PDF, Microsoft Word, or RTF format. Each proposal must include:
- Speaker’s name, address, telephone, and e-mail address
- Lecture title, not to exceed ten words, and a brief, but comprehensive outline
- Lecture summary, not to exceed twenty-five words, to be used in the conference booklet and website
- Identification of the audience level: beginner, intermediate, advanced, or all
- Speaker biography, not to exceed twenty-five words (longer bios are acceptable for the website)
- Resume of prior speaking experience
Submit each proposal via e-mail to email@example.com no later than 31 May 2018. Speakers are required to use an electronic presentation program.
Selected speakers receive an honorarium, travel compensation, conference registration, and hotel per diem based on the number of days lectures are presented.